Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Giles plus Patrington and Withernsea


On the left is the Giles olive wool cardigan with a gauge of about 0.3 stitches to an inch. On the right is a Patrington and Withernsea pattern documented by Gladys Thompson in Patterns for Guernseys, Jerseys and Arans with a gauge of 8-9 stitches to an inch.

If I mix these two I should come up with something for my olive Jo Sharp Ultra at 3.5 stitches to an inch. Not quite Twinkle Big City Knits, more Twinkle Withernsea Knits! I'm thinking of splitting the yoke between the two ropes and adding a few stitches under the bust so it looks smock-ish. I can't see the shoulders or sleeves yet. I'm going to let it stew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tore out that Giles pattern to blog about! It makes the model look like a Barbie dressed in worsted weight! And that orange scarft was also CRAZY. Gave me all kinds of ideas that have no business on a 50 or almost 50 year old woman. xoox Kay