Friday, July 18, 2008

Timid upholstery


Kay has me fired up for some knitted chair upholstery. So I'm going to start small with a cushion cover for this kitchen chair, using linen to knit something based on Kaffe's Jewel Square Wrap in the new Rowan. Go Knit in Your Hat has a wonderful review of the new issue with a great photo of the wrap. Wouldn't this make a great slipcover for a wingback chair? I can't knit a slipcover from linen; that would be crazy. Can you see dyeing Henry's Attic linen orange and knitting a cover with some Kaffe turquoise dots and tweedy squares? No, but I can see sewing it - orange corduroy with turquoise dots and brown velvet bits and some bronze linen. I need to go make some ice cream and let this sit in the bin while. Kay's Ravelry Upholstery group is here.

No comments: