Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sit and brew some more


We are home again, and the wine has been fermenting for 2 weeks. After a few sips it leaves a heavy sweet feeling in the bottom of your stomach. Every time the jug catches my eye or I hear it burp, I feel that heavy sweet lump in my stomach - horrid.

Our first night in St. Louis was my favorite - we sat outside Llywelyns drinking a local beer called O'Fallon Wheach and watching fireworks over Old Webster. The O'Fallon Brewery does not distribute their beers in California, or own Clydesdales. Sunday's news that Anheuser-Busch is now owned by InBev brought up familiar discussions about what local means. Thankfully, Sonoma and Napa are local, and I don't have to drink my own honey wine.

2 comments:

Kay said...

That was extremely vivid.

Here's to local brews, but perhaps not too local.

(LOL) Kay

tina said...

Hope your trip to home base here in STL was lovely------ wish you would have given me notice, I'd have bought you a pint!