Monday, July 21, 2008

Dark Daisy chair seat


Well, I got through about a third of Kaffe's Dark Daisy pattern for the kitchen chair seat. I also got The Perfect Scoop from the library and made the chocolate ice cream. We had some for breakfast thinking back to last Summer when we saw people in Vienna enjoying their ice cream at ten o'clock in the morning! I think it will be wonderful on roasted peaches as pictured here in La Cucina Italiana magazine. I am thinking of making the Guinness-Milk Chocolate ice cream next with oatmeal praline!!!! We love Nigella Lawson's Guinness Chocolate cake - why not a chocolate stout ice cream?

4 comments:

Kay said...

Your little Flickr badge showed me a photo of Persian poppies alongside this post about Dark Daisy. I really adore it. Very inspiring. Why can't I knit everything I want to knit?

I think this would make a lovely, Marimekkish pullover as in the book, and linen solves the obstacle of all that cotton being too heavy. I seriously had this on my to-knit list until I realized it would not be a sweater I'd wear. In linen? I'd wear it!

Mrs. Lear said...

I was thinking if the seat cover didn't work out, I could always make it into a sweater for a child! I'm going to make a vest for me out of Harris tweed with sparkly yarns for the rims of the centers! My new goal is to make Kaffe vests!

Anonymous said...

That is going to be a marvelous chair seat!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love that pattern, hige dark motif on dark background. Nothing has made me so nostalgic of my youth as the inability to wear a knitted minidress in the dark daisy pattern.