Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Felt so bad


I knit these soft, slightly heathered socks while in St. Louis out of yarn from Knitorious (which is a lovely friendly little brick shop on Watson). They are modeled here by a young Lear who promptly threw them in the laundry. I told myself I would pick them out the next time I did wash and throw them in the hand wash basin. But what do you know, someone did the wash for me - all the wash - and then dried it. I cannot bring myself to photograph the results.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard to know how to say thank you for the laundry help when your heart is breaking. So sorry!

Anonymous said...

So sorry! Maybe there is hope: Children in Common say there is someone at the orphanages who can wear any size. Could they be used still?

Kay said...

[I am making that Old-World gesture where you bite the knuckle of the index finger on one hand while waving the other hand in agitation.]

Awful awful and I have been there with sox knit for me by someone else so imagine THAT horror.

Anonymous said...

and what is that sixth sense that compels the occasional laundry helper to strike only and always when some precious, recently acquired, and terribly vulnerable object lurks at the bottom of the basket? i read somewhere that every successful marriage has ten key arguments that will never be resolved -- this is obviously our number one...

woolywoman said...

you can make a very nice sock monkey out of (sob) felted socks. So cute, it almost helps.