Thursday, February 19, 2009

Queen Ann's Lace


My friend Eleni is making a Queen Ann's Lace scarf from Silkgarden sock weight. It is so delicate and fine and beautifully colored. I found a Silkgarden scarf I did not love and began ripping and crocheting this over the weekend. It is extremely addicting. A huge round of orange chenille rolled out of my cabinet and now it too is being made up into a scarf. The wonderful thing about chenille is that all your mistakes are hidden in the plump softness. There are a ton of examples in the Ravelry gallery. The pattern is here.

5 comments:

knitinsage said...

now THAT is some tempting crochet. lovely.

miscelenious said...

i adore how this looks! for some reason the pattern and the noro color movement remind me of a lovely aquatic flower.

tina said...

I'm getting really pissy about not being a crocheter. Really.

Alexandra said...

It's beautiful! I love the colors!

Kay said...

Exquisite!

I also want to see more of Mr. Lear's work!

Kayc