Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Of Sugar and Snow


Mr. Lear and I were enjoying a wonderful lunch this afternoon when I looked up and thought I recognized Carol Field from her photo in The Italian Baker. Mr. Lear (who has made many many treats from The Italian Baker) swore I had been brainwashed by nonstop Splendid Table podcasts. And then he stared at her for a while and thought so too. I don't know if we were correct, but we did see this book being handed across her table: Of Sugar and Snow. Back at home, I googled the poetic title and now I am really looking forward to Jeri Quinzio's newest book on the history of ice cream due out this Spring. Till then, I have her blog

1 comment:

Jeri Quinzio said...

Hi,

Thanks so much for mentioning my book -- Of Sugar and Snow. It's out now and I hope you enjoy it.

Best,
Jeri