Monday, September 22, 2008

Tri-color Monteagle Bag


I am inspired by the bags on Ravelry knit with stash and remnants. The Summer before last I knit dozens of these out of linen, cotton, and hemp. I now see that my leftovers bag contains a lot of tri-color possibilities. There's also the nylon cord option for swim-laundry-bath bags. In the bottom of the runcible bin I've thrown some saved bits of cord and twine and string, the kind that comes on packages and out of little desk drawers. There is an idea brewing down there with buttons and bits of pink paper and silver foil.

6 comments:

Kay said...

That does it. I'm casting on.

Anonymous said...

That thing is gorgerous. Totally fab. I have three Euroflax nubbins that are begging to be made into your configuration . . .

Cristina said...

So most excellent.

Sel and Poivre said...

There is nothing better than reusable bags made with remnants - so satisfying!

Weave, Spin, Dye - Oh My said...

Where did you get that great pattern? I love it! Shar

Mrs. Lear said...

Shar - the bag pattern is in the new Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines book. The authors Kay and Ann have included it as a free pattern on their blog. You can find the link here: http://www.masondixonknitting.com/archives/2008_09.html#002491