Monday, October 29, 2007

Eggplant, it's what's for dinner


Well crockpot cookers, I'm throwing some eggplant and olive oil and garlic in the pot. It's slow-cooked eggplant and slow-knitted Damask.

Those slippers Cristina made for Kay have me paging through my Denyse Schmidt book (have you see the photos of her house over at Design*Sponge?) and all I can think is: heating pad covers and oven mitts!

Extravagant gift idea: Crockpot filled with spice grinder, whole spices, The Gourmet Slow Cooker, and two Denyse Schmidt oven mitts.

The retro version would include old copies of Good Housekeeping magazines with crockpot recipes and a tulle apron with plastic pointsettas glued to it. I have that magazine somewhere and I swear there's a picture of a raw steak on the cover.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm coming over with a baguette and somme cheese!