Monday, July 27, 2009

Telegram to myself


For my daily calendar/project planner, I want to be able to send notes to my future self. The usual lessons learned/best practices lists hide in drawers and are never delivered in time to save Christmas or prevent a back-to-school mishap. I want a telegram with specific warnings or shopping lists to arrive two weeks before a holiday or deadline. I'm making a stack of telegram forms in my planner that can be written out and then filed in the correct week of the following year. I also need weekly reminders. These Arctic Rose nectarines were heaven. The pluots were so-so. Why didn't I buy eight more? I sampled them. I knew they were wonderful. On Thursday, buy way more nectarines than you think you need!

3 comments:

tina said...

It is a grand idea. For me the idea would be tagged with that niggling thought that says "what if you ignore yourself?"

Knitting Out Loud said...

Great idea to send messages to yourself. I long for good fruit! We've just planted 2 peach and 2 plum trees, in a few years we'll have our own.

Eliza said...

I love this idea. The thing is that you never know though. Maybe the nectarines will be so-so on Thursday...