Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Flavored teas and Haiku scarves


I used a skein of Alchemy's Haiku for the Wisp scarf from Knitty. I am so surprised by the power of a small blue cobweb to keep my neck so nice. Whenever I take it off I feel so chilly and vulnerable! I feel a Summer addiction coming on: flavored ice teas and Haiku scarves. Perhaps I should pair the flavor I am working on with the color? That would make a nice gift, a jar of syrup with a poof of a lace scarf folded on top - hibiscus, lime, ginger, mint, Meyer lemon, grapefruit, orange - rose, lavender?

6 comments:

Kay said...

Utterly perfect. Don't know how I missed this one in Knitty!

weaverknits said...

Gorgeous! I'm doing a simple stockinette scarf in Haiku and find it addictive to knit with. SO SOFT, and the colors are mezmerizing.

tina said...

Sign me up!

I also missed that scarf and am feeling remorse!

Imagine that scarf in a lovely green, paired with a mint tea and perhaps a lovely julep cup------ a hostess gift is born!

Ivywindow said...

What an utterly beautiful scarf. It is added to the covet pile.

Anonymous said...

I actually like your Wisp scarf better than the one shown in Knitty. I think yours shows it to be advantage or perhaps makes it more similar to things I might consider making...!

Anonymous said...

This is just lovely!