Sunday, August 16, 2009

More leafcloths


I've knit up all the green and greenish dishcloth cotton, now it's on to exotic leaves and radiccio leaves. Cristina's lettuce comment inspired me to use bits of white or light green to get lettuce veins. My short rows are getting neater. I think some felted wool leaf coasters are next. This Missoni mohair lace dress in the NYT Magazine is so beautiful - as a curtain or a string bag. Why not knit one tunic length? We're headed out for the last two weeks of Summer. I hope you are enjoying yours! See you in September.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear dear Mrs L... THANK U! for leaf directions ... tomorrow, I'll put the trees to shame.

Enjoy your hols... be safe.
Elizabeth

Donna said...

I can picture a whole bowl of these on the counter -- or maybe in a colander! -- taking the place of a roll of paper towels. They are beautiful... and you are such an inspiration. I am always amazed by your talent for making beauty a part of everyday.

Knitting Out Loud said...

Gorgeous! What a lovely idea!

Kay said...

a. I want detailed instructions. My brain is hurting trying to figger these out. I think I understand but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll just try? The lettuce idea is making me kind of crazy. Reminds me of all those funny wooden toys for the kids. We also had a plastic set of vegetables that was so realistic. The half cabbage and the leaf of iceberg lettuce both looked edible. At one point, I think when I saw Nora Gaughan's fantastic knitted beet, I thought how cool it would have been if those vegetables had all been knitted. I still give those veggies away to visiting babies.....

b. Echo the comment about how inspiring you are. This particular cloth looks like something Kaffe would draw on fabric or make us knit in painstaking intarsia!

Hope it's fun where you are.

Kymm said...

What Kay said in point a. of her post. Instructions, please and thank you.

Just stumbled across your blog today and I'm in lurve. I'll be bookmarking you shortly.