Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A progressive dinner


Last night we watched the returns with cheese puffs and soda - a treat in our house, but yesterday's Financial Times suggested a very eclectic election night menu served in progressive courses beginning with bourbon when the first polls close in Kentucky. An hour later cheddar from Vermont and barbecue from Georgia was served. It progressed across the country ending with Hawaii and Alaska. I would like to try something like this in four years with copies of campaign posters of the past. 

2 comments:

Aim said...

That's a really cool idea!

Kate said...

Oh my. That's a lot of eating to do. But I'd love to do that... or at least be invited if I knew someone doing it! And I can imagine it could get a bit strange... desserts and cheese and liquor and main courses all colliding and coming in in different orders.