Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Budapest research


I've been reading up on the Dobos Torte in Rick Rodgers' Kaffeehaus and now I am starving. I've also been reading about miniature eye portraits. Mr Lear and the children enjoy geocaching, especially on trips, so we've decided to place these small portraits of our eyes in a cache in Budapest or Vienna and see if they make their way home. I need to track down some pearls and gilt to make proper eighteenth century frames. I'm also knitting the Budapest cardigan in between loads of laundry using Barbara Walker's "Knitting from the Top" directions for a one piece cardigan with little set-in sleeves - as she says, "it is only a small crescent on the needles." And all I can think is crescent rolls and crescent cookies, and I must have some.

No comments: