Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Evelyn Ackerman's Launch Pad


The Midcentury works of Jerome and Evelyn Ackerman include wall hangings, wood carvings, mosaics and more. I am knitting Evelyn's wall hanging entitled Launch Pad from fabric strips. There are 10 inches to go, but lifting and turning it is difficult and I am pretty certain I do not have enough black fabric to finish it. I need to order a very nice rug pad to place underneath, something with skid control and a lot of cushion. I am already planning my next rug. Next time I will knit more manageable pieces! Next time I will try to lure young children to help me. The Ackerman's web site is here: http://www.ackermanmodern.com/studio.html

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Welcome back! And thank you for the Evelyn Ackerman link. What beautiful textiles.